The Department’s missions are:
– to produce well-educated graduates in Food Technology who will be able to successfully serve food-related industrial and public sectors of the economy,
– to expand basic and applied knowledge in food science and technology through scientific research.
To achieve these goals, the Department has established a continuous academic development process through which:
- the curricula are constantly updated (by the introduction of new courses, the development of new labs etc.) based on market needs,
- new educational opportunities (such as postgraduate and life-long-learning programs) are developed,
- research is promoted by the execution of Greek and European funded research projects, and,
- lab infrastructure is constantly expanded to cover the ever-increasing educational and research-related needs of the Department.